*Attained the 17th place on the hourly ‘Top 100 Amazon Best Sellers – Greco-roman Myth & Legend Fantasy Fiction‘ list*
On Cosmos, death is not everyone’s fate. There, where children cannot grow up away from their birth land and humanity is split into four Nations… are Stones that are not stones.
A cadet official of her country’s royal council, Drynoe keeps finding herself torn between duty and her very nature. And her scarred past has forced her to believe that being governed by one’s feelings is a weakness that comes with a fatal price…
When a most revered, supercentenarian ruler who was unable to die meets his unforeseen end, and Hydranos, the primordial Stone-‘essence’ of water that uncovers even the most hidden of feelings, takes flight, the cosmic balances start to go haywire. Drynoe and her friends end up in the vibrant colony of Helicasteros and on the threshold of life-altering events, like their encounter with the enigmatic master builder Lythes, who constantly challenges anyone that isn’t true to oneself… when he’s not weaving his own impenetrable mist of secrets. Immersed into the oblivion and almost eternal summer of a land where treasure hunters are entitled to sanctuary and no barriers between wishes and real life exist, Drynoe’s resolve is tested more than ever. And the group’s protean hostess Vryx is–like Hydranos–tenaciously set on unmasking their hearts’ deepest desires… and turning them from dreams into reality.
Sailing in literary fantasy waters, Hydranos is the first novel in the series The Age of Stones.
Other Amazon markets
Reviews for Hydranos (The Age of Stones #1)
– “This beautiful story has left its mark on me, no doubt about that. The author has perfected her style of writing to a point of absolute brilliance, which makes this a lovely, detailed and very high fantasy read. […] I’m looking forward to the next episode in this fascinating saga, as the ending left me literally gasping on the edge of my chair.” – Rosa, Goodreads reviewer
– “This was really knocked out of the park. It had an incredibly different feel than the average fantasy book- Almost like you were reading mythology. I definitely cannot wait to read more from Constantina!” – David, Amazon reviewer
– “Next great epic! Wow!! What an amazing read! […] I felt like I was in the story, in the best way possible. I’m so grateful that I got to read such a gorgeous novel, and I am so excited for the next book!” – Jenna, Amazon reviewer
– “The plot is fascinating and makes the reader an instant and indispensable part of the adventure. In the end, we simply can’t wait for the next book.” – Lia Mela, Associate Professor at the Department of Social Administration and Political Science of Democritus University of Thrace (DUTH)
– “The book transports you to the rich Greek medieval era, of deep mystery and mythology leaving you craving for more!” – J Y, Goodreads reviewer
– “[Maud] has a knack for creating a setting; some scenes were so detailed, they felt like they could’ve been standalone vignettes! My favourite parts were the patches of poetry sprinkled throughout this book: haunting, moving and evocative.” – Sabrina, Goodreads reviewer
– “It was all so magically woven together, that it created a fantasy world that wrapped itself around me, enclosing me in walls of ancient histories.” – Mary, Goodreads reviewer
– “A mythical and philosophical work of high literary fantasy with a breathtaking world, unforgettable writing, and world-shaking twist.” – Mary S.R., Goodreads reviewer
– “It is really rare to meet a wonderful fantasy book with such high standards. I can’t wait to read more of her work in the future.” – Lygeri, Goodreads reviewer
*Hydranos was first published in Greek (2014 – Ύδρανος) as a limited-edition book.