In a nutshell? Compulsive storyteller and unrepentant story-lover is what I am.
Having taken a liking to many things throughout my life, reading and writing have undoubtedly been my most steadfast companions and I guess I always kept shaping my life around them. Greek literature (mythology, philosophy, plays, etc.) and fantasy fiction are a guilty pleasure and musts of my bookish diet include the brilliant works of J.R.R Tolkien, Neil Gaiman, Plato, Charlotte Brontë, Oscar Wilde, Italo Calvino–and the list goes ever on and on, really.
After receiving my Master’s Degree of Laws in History & Theory of Law (thesis: The Law of War in Thucydides’s Work) I opted for the writer-slash-lawyer life. Taking one last long look at piles of notebooks and crammed ideas of years, I took the leap–Hydranos, the first installment of my literary fantasy novel series ‘The Age of Stones’, was published in Greek (2014) and then in English (2018).
Further credentials of mine include:
- Summa cum laude graduation from the Arsakeion Classical Lyceum
- Attendance of the Edit & Pitch Your Novel Course (Curtis Brown Creative), the National Book Center Workshop on Creative Writing for Fiction (Greek Ministry of Culture) and the International Summer School for Creative Writing (British Council and Kingston University’s Writing School)
- Have worked for: Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center – Collaborate with: Kazantzakis Publications
- You can also find me as a cultural writer for KOCIS – KOREA.net of the Ministry of Culture of Korea (Honorary Reporter) and for the Korean Embassy in Greece, as well as a contributing author in various e-magazines (e.g. Solomon Magazine).
- Drop by my LinkedIn profile for more & browse my website for lots of free sneak peeks into my fictional worlds!